Meet one of my youngest models, the super precious baby diva Khloe. Khloe is modeling one of the new TuTu dresses available by request for infant sessions.
Little Miss Emery was kind enough to model one of new outfits I will have available to clients for shoots. :). I absolutely love the frilly doll look and Miss Emery rocked it!! Without further delay meet beautiful baby Emery!!!
How to Prepare for Your Spring Session
I've gone ahead and given you some tips to ensure your day is stress free and flawless for your spring session. Listen up!
1. Wear layers. Spring can be finicky in the sense that you can go from frigid to over heated in a matter of minutes. I suggest wearing layers -- tank top, tee shirt, cardigan, scarf, etc. That way each family member can peel off, or add, a layer as they see fit and remain comfortable throughout the session.
2. Location is a big deal. You better believe we're going to take advantage of the fresh, warm air and all those bud popping up from the ground and in the trees. If you have any favorite locations, let me know. I have a nice list on hand, ourselves.
3. Play into the colors of the season when choosing your family's outfits. Fresh pops of green, blue, pink and yellow are always a hit in the springtime. I recommend choosing a color theme for the whole gang, then slightly deviating from that with accessories to keep things interesting.
4. Speaking of accessories: wear them! Choose jewelry, scarves, or prints that play into the spring theme. Butterflies, flowers, insects, etc, can make for some super adorable family pictures.
5. Time it right. Book a session too early and you may miss out on those spring buds. Book too late and you've already wandered into summer territory. Keep an eye on the weather and give your photographer a call when the time is right.
6. Incorporate props. Spring offers some beautiful backdrops where props blend in perfectly. For example, old wooden chairs look stunning in a sea of blooming rose bushes, and a quilted blanket is lovely on the fresh, green grass.
7. Really think about your footwear. Spring can often mean a soggy ground, so flip-flops or heels are not the best choice. Instead, wear something that's comfortable and spring appropriate, like loafers, flats or boots.
Choosing the Perfect Location for Your Session to Match Your Home
It’s almost time for your session and we’re trying to decide on a location. Here are some things you’ll want to think about:
1. Keep in mind the décor of your home. My personal photography style is bright and bold. However, my home is more vintage-themed. I would never have us dressed in bright colors on a canvas in my wall because it doesn’t go with my rustic décor. Make sure you coordinate your outfits and locations to match the décor style of your home. You also will need to coordinate the colors with the walls of your house so they don’t clash.
2. If you have a rustic home like mine, studio portraits don’t typically look good unless you put them in vintage type frames to make them fit in more.
3. If you have a more modern home, studio photos will more than likely be your best option.
4. You can also choose to have a lifestyle session done inside your home. I will come to your house and take photos of your family in your own natural environment. These are beautiful and will look great in your house because they match perfectly.
This tiny little princess was brand new. :). Layla was a perfect angel for her first photo shoot. Isn't she just too beautiful for words? I look forward to watching her grow into a beautiful young lady.
« Older Posts
© Grand Design Photography
Recent PostsMiss Khloe THE DIVA | Child and Family Photographer, DeSoto, Missouri | Baby Glam Grand Design Photography | De Soto, Missouri Family and Children Photographer | Baby Emery 7 Tips for Preparing for Your Spring Session Choosing the perfect location for your session Princess Layla | Newborn Photographer De Soto MO | Newborn Photography Mommy And Me | Family Photography De Soto MO | Sandy Creek Covered Bridge Aubrey | Infant Photography Jefferson County MO | Christmas Mini Sessions About me